Permanent Technical Manager
The general roles undertaken by the technical teams are indicated below in the key responsibilities, task and activity section. It will be the responsibility of the Technical Manager to ensure these are being delivered by the technical department across all areas of the business.
The technical department supports the business from initial viability, land acquisition, package deal offers and tenders through pre – development stages and on-site building operations and into post completion stages across various sectors. It is of paramount importance that this discipline is well planned, managed and motivated. Achieving programmed delivery of the various tasks is fundamental to allow our company to achieve the projected Business Plan performance.
A knowledge and appreciation of budgets and the delivery of a business plan is a key attribute of this Senior role.
Key Responsibilities, Task and Activities
- Work closely with the land acquisition and tender teams to ensure that land offers, package proposals or tenders recognise all technical Issues identified in the Technical Report which you or your team will produce
- Ensure Technical Department procedures are adhered to and required working drawings are provided to the agreed date schedule
- Assist the commercial team in the appraisal of abnormal costs
- To work closely with the Pre-Development team to ensure all necessary due diligence is undertaken and all commercial matters are considered as the scheme develops through the milestone pre -development and on-site stages
- Prepare the pre-start programme to plan for key milestone development delivery targets
- Plan and manage the pre -start development process to achieve the targeted site start dates
- Track progress of this programme and ensure business plans are adjusted as necessary to reflect any changes
- Ensure all submissions/permissions/approvals/sign offs are obtained in a timely manner as the pre-development, on site and post completion stages are undertaken
- Support the operations teams as necessary with resolving any issues requiring further technical input
- All other matters commensurate with the technical discipline of a contractor / developer
- Review Designs
- Work closely with the Team to review and check drawings for accuracy, compliance, buildability and commercial viability
- From a relevant background that demonstrates the individual is capable of delivering the requirements of the role
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and procedures
- Strong residential development experience but ideally with knowledge of other sectors such as commercial, education, healthcare etc.
- Track record of delivering schemes within planned timeframes
- A proven manager capable of managing in house teams and external consultants
- Technical, engineering or a related discipline background with ideally a degree or HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant building related subject.
- Suitable IT skills
- Valid UK driving licence is required
- An understanding of individual responsibility in complying with the Health and Safety policies and arrangements
Hours of work
- Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm (1-hour lunch)
- Some flexibility will be required around these hours on occasions.