Permanent Sustainability Consultant/ Senior Sustainability Consultant
We are working in a partnership with a British owned integrated engineering design energy and sustainability consultancy, providing services for construction, infrastructure, and the environment throughout the UK.
They have an outstanding opportunity for a Sustainability Consultant/Senior Sustainability consultant to join their Smart Energy and Sustainability team in Cardiff.
What you will be doing:
- Leading the delivery of BREEAM projects, with support from a senior member of the team.
- Part L, Energy Strategies and LCA assessment.
- Managing own workload to meet project deadlines.
- Reviewing project details and develop targets for sustainability.
- Reviewing documentation provided by project teams, assess this against the project’s targets and provide feedback or follow-up.
- Setup and maintain projects via the project evidence tracker.
- Communicating sustainability requirements to internal and external team members.
- Producing reports providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams.
- Attending site visits to review progress against sustainability targets.
- Reviewing the performance of designated projects on a monthly basis and update the team’s project tracker with progress information.
- Assisting in preparing bids and proposals for new work.
- Engaging with skills networks to exchange best practice and processes.
- Arrange and attend meetings, take minutes and distribute actions.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings.
- Completing relevant training to become certified as a BREEAM assessor / AP.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and written skills.
- Emerging business development and sales skills.
- Thorough understanding on the construction industry and built environment.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Client relationship management skills.
- Proven track record of project delivery.
- Part L modelling experience (TAS preferable) and LCA experience (Oneclick preferable)
What They Are Looking For:
- Degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) or equivalent/higher.
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor.
- Background in building physics/environmental design, environmental science or sustainability related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of building performance modelling techniques.
- Knowledge of planning, environmental impact assessments or wider sustainability legislation.
- Knowledge of or technical ability in building services related disciplines.
- Net-zero carbon studies at project and master planning levels
- Planning application support documents including energy strategy and environmental assessments
- Climate change studies
- ESG strategy
- Life-Cycle Carbon and Cost Analyses (LCCA)
Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits Package