Permanent Senior Sustainability Consultant
We are working in a partnership with a highly respected engineering design,energy and sustainability consultancy, providing services for construction, infrastructure, and the environment throughout the UK.
They have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Sustainability Consultant to join their team in Birmingham.
What you will be doing:
- Leading the delivery of BREEAM projects, with support from a senior member of the team.
- Part L, Energy Strategies and LCA assessment.
- Managing own workload to meet project deadlines.
- Reviewing project details and develop targets for sustainability.
- Reviewing documentation provided by project teams, assess this against the project’s targets and provide feedback or follow-up.
- Setup and maintain projects via the project evidence tracker.
- Communicating sustainability requirements to internal and external team members.
- Producing reports providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams.
- Attending site visits to review progress against sustainability targets.
- Reviewing the performance of designated projects on a monthly basis and update the team’s project tracker with progress information.
- Assisting in preparing bids and proposals for new work.
- Engaging with skills networks to exchange best practice and processes.
- Arrange and attend meetings, take minutes and distribute actions.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings.
- Completing relevant training to become certified as a BREEAM assessor / AP.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills.
- Emerging business development and sales skills.
- Thorough understanding on the construction industry and built environment.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Client relationship management skills.
- Proven track record of project delivery.
- Part L modelling experience (TAS preferable) and LCA experience (Oneclick preferable)
What they are looking for:
- Hold a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) or equivalent/higher.
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor.
- Background in building physics/environmental design, environmental science or sustainability related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of building performance modelling techniques.
- Knowledge of planning, environmental impact assessments or wider sustainability legislation.
- Knowledge of or technical ability in building services related disciplines.
What they offer:
Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits Package