Permanent Senior / Principal Structural Engineer
We are looking to aid an International Multi Discipline Design Consultancy appoint a Chartered Senior or Principal Structural Engineer into their Birmingham Structures team to help deliver their ambitious plans to develop and grow the Building Design practice in the Midlands and across the UK.
The design practice provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery they are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including; Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
Due to a number of recently secured projects in the rail and aviation sectors, and significant pipeline opportunities in the region they are looking to grow their team.
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
- Experience in the rail sector; incl. design of stations, footbridges etc.
- Proven experience as a Contractor Responsible Engineer (CRE) desirable.
- Knowledge of Network Rail processes and GRIP design stages desirable.
- Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
- The ability to translate this broad range of technical skills into imaginative ideas which enhance the quality of our designs
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support our client relationships, assist in preparing bids and generally enhance our work winning capability.
- Experience of actively managing clients.
- Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
- Experience of working with, and managing, small focused project teams.
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- A curious minded individual who enjoys the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
- Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
- Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
- Be a technical champion within the team.
- Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training.