Permanent Senior/Principal Electrical Design Engineer
We are working in a partnership with an award-winning nationwide engineering consultancy, which provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
They provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Electrical Design Engineer to join their team in Leeds.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your role as a Senior/Principal Engineer within the company will include work winning and delivery from both existing and cultivating new clients and assisting the regional lead in planning the specialist delivery of the Property Services Group for the Northern Region.
A particular focus on work delivery to support local and regional clients within the post occupancy remit of all types of properties.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and internationally. You will take the lead and deliver mainly on small projects up to the value of a few million, support larger projects, with values of £100 million+.
Projects span across all sectors including Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Educational, Leisure and Health.
Travel will occur on a weekly basis to complete the relevant project task.
Variety of electrical installations and systems will arise.
What We Are Looking For
- Chartered status or working towards
- Strong technical knowledge in primary engineering discipline and relevant UK and applicable EU regulations, design guides, etc
- Good understanding of the secondary engineering discipline
- Good contractual and commercial knowledge
- Manage projects to avoid technical and commercial risk
- IT literate with an understanding of relevant IT packages i.e. Amtec, Hevacomp, IES and Microsoft office
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills to effectively work to timescales and deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of contract administration, procurement, and conditions of contract/ appointment
- Able to develop effective relationships with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven track record in work winning and building successful teams
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight – the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
- Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE (Give as you Earn)
- Flexible working