Permanent Senior MEICA Project Manager – Water Utilities
Our client is a growing and dynamic yet family-orientated company that specialises in providing Electrical and Mechanical installation services, working primarily for process companies in the Water Utilities sector. The Company has recently expanded and has offices in Surrey, the West Midlands and the North West. They invest in the personal and professional development of our people by providing them with the opportunity to develop their skills and reach their own personal goals.
There is an immediate requirement for a Senior MEICA Project Manager to be based at the regional office in Halesowen. The objective of the position is to manage projects to meet contractual obligations, project milestones and deadlines. Day to day responsibilities will include:
• To manage all financial aspects of the project to ensure the required margins are achieved.
• To manage all phases of the project from the award of the contract through to eventual client acceptance. The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of design, procurement, construction and commissioning.
• The direction and performance management of all project resources allocated to projects being managed including vendors and sub-contractors.
• Ensure compliance to contract through effective project management techniques and delegated responsibility to Project Engineers.
• Plan and agree the resources to be allocated to projects with appropriate functional and discipline managers.
• To regulate, negotiate and approve variations to contract in association with the client and internal departments.
• To effect project planning, review, cost control, hand-over and acceptance procedures to meet the terms of the contract.
• To manage and ensure effective two-way communication within the project management team, and between vendors, sub-contractors and the client. This should include formal project meetings where key project milestones reviewed.
• Authorise the placement of orders and sub-contracts and ensure that applications for payment are correctly administered.
• Through Project Engineers and Site Managers, ensure the cost-effective management of resources and delegation of key responsibilities.
• Ensure adherence to company procedures, engineering standards, functional specifications and management controls, including QA and environmental standards.
To be considered a relevant candidate for the role you will need the following attributes:
• Appropriate Project Management knowledge with over 10 years’ relevant MEICA experience.
• Experience within the Water Industry.
• Health and Safety training – completion of Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or equivalent, having taken place during the last 3 years.
• Health and Safety training – holding a valid CSCS safety card.
Personally you will need to be presentable, professional and organised with strong IT and communication skills. The company both challenges and rewards their staff as well as making available the best possible training, resources and equipment. A competitive salary package will be offered to the right candidate for this long term career opportunity. To register your interest please apply by following instructions or call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507 for a confidential discussion.