Permanent Senior Mechanical Engineer – Water / Wastewater
Globally, our client sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. In the UK they have been selected by a number of key clients to provide strategic consultancy services and have consequently opened a Bristol Office This position represents an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join and help grow and lead the team in at the newly opened regional office.
This position, based in Leeds, is responsible for all the mechanical engineering elements of solutions and the production of associated outline and detailed designs to support the successful delivery of projects. You will be working on a variety of water, wastewater and infrastructure related projects. It involves working closely with the client and as part of a multi-disciplined dedicated design group to undertake technical audits, risk evaluations, develop the mechanical design and liaise with other technical disciplines at feasibility, outline and detailed stages to produce solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. You will develop cost effective solutions and adopt innovative design solutions in accordance with the Client’s requirements. Duties include:
• Undertake site inspections, carry out feasibility reviews and work up proposals for the schemes
• Provide the mechanical input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and conceptual designs
• Produce the mechanical specifications and deliverables for schemes in accordance with current legislation and standards for the scheme requirements
• Responsibility for design, value engineering, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, reports and recommendations.
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
• Complete all work in line with company Core Values and in accordance with Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
To be considered a suitable applicant for the role you will need the following attributes:
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant subject
• Chartered / Incorporated or equivalent and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IMechE
• Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in mechanical design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
• Knowledge and skills in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of mechanical equipment for projects in the water, or process industries
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and independently
• Understand the appropriate level of detail for different project requirements
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team – both written and oral
• Good client service focus
• Excellent organisational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
A highly competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate for this key position. To register your interest please apply by following instructions or call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507 for a confidential discussion.