Permanent Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, our client now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their expending Engineering Team.
Their projects include industrial, commercial, education, residential and healthcare schemes with contract values between £3 to £70 million working for blue chip clients.
About the Role
Based at their office in Bristol with over 35 staff, you will be part of the Building Services team that are delivering innovative solutions for their clients within the residential, educational, industrial and Commercial property sectors.
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer at Ridge, you will be exposed to many sectors and many cultures. Supporting the delivery of the project you will be engaged with the complete design team, supporting the engineering choices and direction to optimise benefits and value for money to the client and end users.
Working in a collaborative environment you will be instrumental in supporting the design development, taking on board other disciplines requirements.
Their projects are delivered to BIM level 2 standards (as a minimum). Allowing inputs and outputs to be customised and allow the tools to be used to their optimum.
You will be involved in all aspect of development support by senior and junior members of the team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Peer review of colleagues works
Experience and Skills Required
- Experience with running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
- AutoCAD experience (experience with IES modelling and Revit would be an advantage)
- Post degree qualification experience in Building Services or Mechanical engineering, and ideally be working towards Chartership
What’s in it for you?
They invest heavily in their biggest assets……..their people. They actively challenge and continuously improve their performance by investing in the training and development of their people.
And as you will find out from day one in your career with them, you will be handsomely rewarded:
- 25 days holiday – buy/sell holiday options
- Company car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
- Free car parking