Permanent Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity with a multi–disciplinary firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s-built environment. Together you will help their clients solve the most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as you strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
You will join Building Engineering Midlands, a large group of multi-disciplinary Engineers:
- They have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who is preferably Chartered and who is looking for technically challenging work on revolutionary projects, to become a permanent member of their creative, friendly Building Engineering Team in the Midlands.
- You will work on a diverse range of exciting projects in the UK and Internationally with leading Architects.
- The team’s work includes projects in Higher Education, Healthcare, Science and Industry, Commercial and Custodial. High profile projects they have been instrumental working on include:
- Jaguar Land Rover Engine Manufacturing Plant at i54, Wolverhampton
- Snow Hill Buildings One, Two and Three, Birmingham
- Paradise Redevelopment, Birmingham
- Derby Multi Sports Arena (Velodrome)
About this career opportunity…
Based in the Midlands, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead the design of the mechanical building systems including air conditioning, heating, natural and mechanical ventilation and building controls, collaborate with the Architect and other team members in the development of the building form to align with passive design principles, the goals of the energy and sustainability strategies and the needs of the building services and lead the spatial and technical coordination of the building services and their integration into the building design.
In addition, you will make an impact in this role by…
- Supporting the development of building energy strategies and sustainability strategies for buildings, including communicating these plans with the project team members and authorities.
- Leading the comfort and thermal analysis of buildings and spaces.
- Leading the production of models, drawings, reports and specifications.
- Managing the work of others including other disciplines and in-house specialists.
- Partnering with our clients and other external team members.
- Working across multiple projects with different design teams.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Supporting the Project Manager and Project Director in the commercial management of the project.
To achieve in this role, you are likely to…
- Be an enthusiastic Engineer who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams and taking responsibility for projects from creation to completion to achieve outstanding results.
- Be Chartered or close to achieving Chartered Engineer status via CIBSE or IMechE, with solid experience in the field of mechanical building services design.
- Be committed to your professional development.
- Have experience of leading teams on a range of multi-disciplinary projects and working as part of a larger team, contributing to and sharing in collective success of projects; ability to quickly develop successful client and team relationships.
- Be creative and inquisitive with an interest and awareness of building design beyond own discipline and the ability to integrate multi-disciplinary requirements into holistically coordinated solutions.
- Have experience in sustainable building design and in satisfying the regulatory and voluntary codes associated with sustainability and energy strategy.
Have enthusiasm driving a Digital agenda including automation via software such as Revit to provide organisational value, as well as utilising visualisation tools to communicate engineering concepts.