Permanent Senior Electrical / ICA Engineer – Water / Wastewater
Globally, our client sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. In the UK they have been selected by a number of key clients to provide strategic consultancy services and have a number of offices nationally to service these requirements.
There is a current requirement for a Senior Electrical / ICA Engineer to be based in the Leeds office and support the programme of work in the Yorkshire region. The Electrical/ICA Engineer is responsible for all the Electrical and ICA engineering elements of solutions and the production of associated outline and detailed designs to support the successful delivery of projects. You will work on a variety of water, wastewater, energy and infrastructure related projects.
You will work closely with the Client and as part of a multi-disciplined dedicated design group to undertake technical audits, risk evaluations, develop electrical/ICA design and liaise with other technical disciplines at feasibility, outline and detailed stages to produce solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. You will develop cost effective solutions and adopt innovative design solutions in accordance with the client’s requirements. Duties include:
• Provide the Electrical and ICA input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and conceptual designs
• Responsibility for design, value engineering, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, reports and recommendations.
• Produce project documentation including engineering specifications, data sheets, layout drawings etc
• Undertake site inspections, carry out feasibility reviews and work up proposals for the schemes
• Produce the electrical/ICA specifications and deliverables for schemes in accordance with current legislation and standards for the scheme requirements
• Liaise with Subcontractors and deal with technical queries
• Undertake factory acceptance testing of electrical plant and control systems
• Undertake site testing and commissioning
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
To be considered a viable applicant for this role you will need the following attributes:
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering or other relevant subject
• Chartered / Incorporated or equivalent and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IET or InstMC
• Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in electrical and ICA design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
• Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
• Knowledge and skills in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of electrical equipment for projects in the water, or process industries
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office
• Understand the appropriate level of detail for different project requirements
• Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and independently
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team – both written and oral
• Good client service focus
• Excellent organisational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
A highly competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate for this integral position. To register your interest please apply by following instructions or call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507 for a confidential discussion.