Permanent Senior Electrical/E&P Engineer
Senior Electrical/E&P Design Engineer
We are looking for enthusiastic engineers to join a growing engineering team to work on a variety of projects.
They are an established firm of Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Consulting Engineers with extensive experience in the core areas of Bridges, Rail, Infrastructure, Buildings and Geotechnical Services, designing and co-ordinating projects from conception to completion.
About the job
They are seeking a Senior E&P/Electrical Design Engineer to join their new multi-disciplinary Mechanical and Electrical Engineering design team reporting to the M&E Director, to lead and undertake the engineering designs for a variety of projects across the UK, including Rail, Bridges, Infrastructure and Buildings projects.
You will be expected to contribute to the development of the team, leading and mentoring junior design engineers, presenting an excellent opportunity to develop your own skills and career progression.
They are committed to investing in their employees and will provide training and mentoring, providing you with the best opportunity to progress and advance your role and career within the organisation.
As a Senior E&P Engineer, the responsibilities and duties will include although not be limited to:
- Undertaking electrical design elements for a whole range of projects of various sizes.
- Work closely with other disciplines and design engineers, attending meetings and communicating with clients and contractors to help define the design requirements.
- Manage the production of the Electrical design element for complete projects.
- Be an effective communicator, responding professionally to Document Review Notices.
- Be an active participant with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors at IDC meetings.
- Manage the project production team to ensure production of design deliverables to the programme and budget.
- Managing the production of drawings. Preparing and co-ordinating electrical drawings, documents and specifications.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of others and co-ordinate work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complete design process, be familiar with Network Rail GRIP process and RIBA work stages.
- Undertaking the role of Contractor’s Responsible Engineer in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
- Approving designs to ensure contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards.
- Keep up to date with current Network Rail, British and European Standards
- Be capable of checking designs, managing CDM risk analyses and attend HAZID workshops.
- Preparing high level reports, feasibility studies, and undertake site surveys.
- Undertake design cost estimates and assist with bid preparations.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of junior staff, providing support and technical guidance to progress their capabilities and professional development.
- Supporting the growth of the business, in particular the provision of electrical engineering design services and willingness to develop your own engineering potential.
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- HND or Degree in Electrical Engineering, Building Services, or similar engineering discipline. (Ideally for your qualification to satisfy the education criteria for CEng or IEng).
- Be a Member of a Professional Institution such as the IET or CIBSE, be a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, or working towards professional registration.
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- Experience in the field of electrical design and experience on Rail, infrastructure and building projects.
- Able to design and deliver electrical engineering solutions.
- Experience of working in a team on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Demonstration of a good understanding of engineering software packages used to design and model electrical systems (i.e. AutoCAD, MicroStation, Hevacomp, Amtech, ElectricalOM, Dialux and other calculation packages)
Up to date knowledge and experience in some of the following areas:
- Electrical Supply and Distribution Systems
- Familiar with 18th Edition of IET Wiring Regulations
- Electrical Load Assessments
- Standby Generation and UPS
- Earthing and Bonding
- Network Rail Design Requirements:
- Lighting Design (internal and external)
- Security (CCTV, Intruder, Access, Barriers, Crossings)
- CIS and PA.
Rewards and Benefits
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, plus a day off on your Birthday
- Additional leave purchase scheme
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Private medical Insurance
- Casual attire and a relaxed and comfortable working environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payment for membership of a professional institution
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
Hours of Work: Flexible working hours.
Core business hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 4.30pm.
Location: Remote working due to Covid-19, reporting to our new office in Cardiff, or alternatively from our Head Office located in Bristol.
We want to hear from you if:
- You have a Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering, Building Services or equivalent
- You are a Member of a Professional Institution (i.e. IET, CIBSE)