Permanent Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Job Role: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Electrical Design Engineer looking to take that next step in your career? Do you want to work on exceptionally varied and diverse projects? As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join a significantly experienced and talented Engineering Team based in a central Manchester office.
Our client list includes Formula One teams, Education, commercial, retail, industrial, leisure and many more. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be exposed to many sectors and many cultures. Building services engineers design, install and maintain the services that are needed to allow the building to do what it’s designed to.
Senior Engineer duties include:
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
What’s needed from you:
To be successful in this role you will have an accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification and significant experience in a similar role. Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution. You will need to be a competent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between clients and the highly skilled project teams. You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills.
We invest heavily in our biggest assets……..our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve your performance by investing in the training and development of our people.
And as you will find out from day one in your career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company car or car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution