Permanent Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer – Cardiff
Would you like to join one of the world’s leading multi-discipline building engineering teams in Cardiff? Working on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally.
- be a key part of the Building Services Engineering team leadership; managing multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and mentoring to the other Electrical Engineers;
- be involved in feasibility, design and site stage activities of major and minor building projects (new and refurbishment);
- take an active role in pushing forward the skills and abilities of the electrical team members, including supervising and training junior Engineers;
- lead building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client facing activity;
- take an active role in building services design elements for both small and major projects working closely with other team members;
- attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs;
- offer consultancy advice and prepare design reports, specifications and drawings in a timely fashion and within budget;
- support Graduate Engineers with technical expertise and mentor less experienced team members;
- share and expand knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks.
Skills / Experience Required for the Role
- Chartered status through CIBSE, IET or other relevant body and degree qualified.
- A demonstrable track record of successful delivery within an electrical services engineering role / environment including:
o high / low voltage power design;
o electronic building services system including fire alarm, security and PA etc;
o lighting / emergency lighting design;
o coordination and spatial planning of electrical services within the building;
o strong track record of leading project teams;
o a clear understanding of, or experience within a consultancy environment;
o excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
o adaptable, resilient and able to work in multidisciplinary settings;
o excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
o professional, organised, and highly methodical;
o software skills including Amtech, Dialux and Strike Risk etc;
o knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, BIM and calculation packages etc;
o demonstrate an active CPD record;
o programming and resource management at project level;
o ability to create deliverables from a project brief;
o good knowledge of lighting design, daylighting and energy performance of building
o CAD and Revit MEP management skills.
- Ability to think outside the specialism and integrate multidisciplinary requirements into holistic coordinated solutions.
Reward and Benefits
They offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by them and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to compliment your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.