Permanent Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are working in a partnership with an award-winning nationwide engineering consultancy, which provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
They provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join their team in Oxford.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects across key sectors including Science and Research, Higher Education and Colleges, Healthcare, Hospitality and Leisure and mixed-use developments.
- You will be client facing with the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects and take overall project lead on small to medium sized projects within the office.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day-to-day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills, and we get the best out of our people.
- You will be financially astute and work with the project leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
What They Are Looking For
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering, thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings.
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required.
- Appreciation of Client needs, with ability to competently operate in a client facing environment.
- Understand and identify resource needs.
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff.
- Working towards professional registration with either the IET or CIBSE.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight – the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
- Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE (Give as you Earn)
- Flexible working