Permanent Senior Electrical Building Services Engineer
Due to a very busy workload, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer (mechanical & electrical), ideally with an electrical bias, to join a Real Estate Consultants Operational Engineering team. The Birmingham office covers a wide area across the Midlands and East Anglia so you need to be prepared to do some travelling to sites. They undertake a lot of surveys and refurbishment of commercial office and industrial space for very high-profile clients.
- Undertaking Dilapidations reports.
- Producing pre-acquisition and disposal technical due diligence reports.
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance CAPEX reports.
- Management of projects.
- Input into innovation; continual improvement of services and products.
- Supporting the team providing technical support and maintenance management duties.
- Meet target KPIs on WIP management including HIW.
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning.
- Respect Company Values.
- CIBSE / IET qualification or qualified by experience or related degree or relevant City and Guilds qualifications or similar.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills are required and the ability to liaise professionally with clients and colleagues is essential.
- Working knowledge of and ability to identify and provide professional advice for the following building services is essential;
- Electrical Distribution systems.
- Air Conditioning Systems, including VRV, VAV, Chilled Water Systems (knowledge of older and less common systems is advantageous).
- Ventilation systems including VAV, heat recovery etc.
- Heating systems including heat generation, distribution and terminal unit types.
- Controls and BMS.
- Fire Alarms, Security and Access Systems.
- Lifts (as far as expected from an M&E point of view)
- Projects experience (design and/or management) is desirable although not essential.
- Knowledgeable in statutory compliance, regulations and standards relating to operational/existing building services.