Permanent Senior Electrical Building Services Engineer
Due to a very busy workload, we are currently looking for a Senior Engineer (mechanical & electrical), ideally with an electrical bias, to join our cleint’s Operational Engineering team who will be working with three other Engineers in the office who undertake Operational Engineering. The Birmingham office covers a wide area across the Midlands and East Anglia so you need to be prepared to do some travelling to sites. They undertake a lot of surveys and refurbishment of commercial office and industrial space for very high-profile clients.
- Undertaking Dilapidations reports.
- Producing pre-acquisition and disposal technical due diligence reports.
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance CAPEX reports.
- Management of projects.
- Input into innovation; continual improvement of services and products.
- Supporting the team providing technical support and maintenance management duties.
- Meet target KPIs on WIP management including HIW.
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning.
- Respect Company Values.
- CIBSE / IET qualification or qualified by experience or related degree or relevant City and Guilds qualifications or similar.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills are required and the ability to liaise professionally with clients and colleagues is essential.
- Working knowledge of and ability to identify and provide professional advice for the following building services is essential;
- Electrical Distribution systems.
- Air Conditioning Systems, including VRV, VAV, Chilled Water Systems (knowledge of older and less common systems is advantageous).
- Ventilation systems including VAV, heat recovery etc.
- Heating systems including heat generation, distribution and terminal unit types.
- Controls and BMS.
- Fire Alarms, Security and Access Systems.
- Lifts (as far as expected from an M&E point of view)
- Projects experience (design and/or management) is desirable although not essential.
- Knowledgeable in statutory compliance, regulations and standards relating to operational/existing building services.
£45-55k, bonus, Car allowance, 5% Employer pension contribution, 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday, increasing annually and cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts and more.