Permanent Project Manager – Water / Wastewater
Globally, our client sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. In the UK they have been selected by a number of key clients to provide strategic consultancy services and have a number of offices nationally to service these requirements.
A Project Manager based in Falmer (near Brighton) is immediately required. The purpose of this position is to ensure that the company strives for successful project delivery. In order to achieve successful project delivery, the Project Manager needs to ensure the project is delivered to the client is in accordance with our contract obligations on time, to cost and of suitable quality. Duties include:
• Be responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered to profit, timeliness and quality and technical standards to meet both client and company expectations.
• Act as a key contact supporting interface with the Client throughout all stages of the project lifecycle, including pursuits and bids as well as project execution and delivery.
• Require an understanding of contractual obligations and lead the team to deliver what was promised to deliver. The aim must be for the project to meet or exceed budgeted financial performance goals. These goals will be collaboratively agreed between the Business Unit Leader, Senior Project Manager and the Project Manager before commencement of each project.
• Determine clients’ needs and achieves results to meet or exceed clients’ expectations.
• Build, maintain and manage strong client relationships. This is key to success on existing work as well as winning more work from clients.
• Plan project and co-ordinate resources in liaison with group managers efficiently.
• All Project Managers must attend project management-training sessions required for their “equivalent” level within the Project Management Career Family (PMCF). Likewise, all Project Managers will obtain the stipulated project management certification required for their level within the PMCF
To be considered a suitable candidate for this role you will need the following attributes:
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a relevant degree and gained Chartership with a relevant professional body i.e. Chartered Engineer. It is desirable that you have an appropriate project management qualification, such as MAPM.
• A clear understanding of the work programme and the contribution expected of you and your colleagues and be committed to deliver the agreed work plan to the timescale and standards required.
• An understanding of the processes in place to deliver streams of work and ensure that manager and others are kept informed of the potential for significant changes to the work plan – unexpected delays or outcomes, changes in resource requirements, an inability to gain commitment from other key contributors.
• A customer focused approach demonstrating an understanding of, and appropriate response to, the expectations of the client and external customers the role holder must work with.
• Work to the client’s statement of values and ethics whilst working effectively with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities, and additionally where you will be affected – managing the interdependencies.
• Committed to managing and reviewing your work on a regular basis with an ability to work without close supervision and pride in consistently delivering work to required standards and deadlines.
• You will be able to make positive contribution to work teams by defining ad setting the direction of a team.
• Punctual and attentive and competent in adhering to the clients policies, procedures and working practices.
• Ability to make decisions as well as identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems.
• Assist others to manage fluctuations in workload.
• Flexible approach to working hours and travel.
A highly competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate for this integral position. To register your interest please apply by following instructions or call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507 for a confidential discussion.