Permanent Project Manager
We are working in partnership with a well-established multidiscipline property and construction consultancy.
They have an immediate opportunity for a Project Manager to join their office in Manchester.
What you will be doing:
- Establish detailed Client’s brief and responsibilities of consultants and specialists.
- Establish lines of communication and reporting procedures with the client and within the design team
- Arrange feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation etc.
- Advise on/implement the selection and appointment of all necessary consultants and specialists.
- Co-ordinate and obtain planning consents and all necessary statutory approvals.
- Prepare and maintain the master programme for all pre and post contract activities and monitor progress.
- Manage finances from inception to completion, including cash flow forecasts, monitoring project expenditure, and recommendations of payments by client, as well as internal budget and resourcing.
- Interview and select contractors for tendering or negotiation, evaluate tenders received and appoint contractor.
- Inspect and monitor the construction works regarding quality and conformity to agreed specifications and drawings.
- Chair progress, co-ordination, and project meetings throughout the contract period.
- Prepare regular reports to clients on all aspects of the project inspection, scheduling and acceptance of works required under the defects liability and maintenance provisions of the contrac.t
- Day-to-day responsibility for projects.
- Provide single point of contact taking responsibility for all aspects of the project and liaise with the client.
What they are looking for:
- Consultancy construction project management experience.
- The ability to lead a series of projects and Client relationships, with limited support.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and particularly MS Project.
- Experience in high density residential and/or hotels would be an advantage.
What they offer:
- 25 days of paid annual leave, increasing to 28 days with length of service.
- 4 x salary life assurance cover.
- Generous company sick pay scheme, should you need it.
- Income Protection Insurance in case you are unable to work due to ill health or accident for an extended period of time.
- Single cover private medical insurance, which can be extended to include family members at preferential rates.
- A contributory company pension plan, to help you prepare for your retirement.
- Flexible company car scheme for relevant positions.