Permanent Project Engineer – Water / Wastewater
Globally, our client sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. In the UK they have been selected by a number of key water utility clients to provide strategic consultancy services and they operate from multiple locations throughout the UK.
There is a requirement, based in Longbridge (CV34 6QW), for a permanent Project Engineer to provide support in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment projects. This is working primarily with a key client, Severn Trent Water, and involves supporting Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and internal expectations. Duties of the position include:
• Providing Initial technical input into projects – including technical assessment of initial options for engineering solutions with a view of determining whether there is a need for further orders for feasibility studies. This will include sourcing the required input data within STW, site visits to check existing assets and summarising the findings.
• Ability to understand Engineering drawings and query their contents. Civil Engineering particularly relevant, but appreciation of geotechnical and hydrogeological issues also helpful.
• Engaging with other STW / client departments regarding the projects – particularly, Asset Creation, Asset Management, Process Design Group, permitting, operations, Asset Management.
• Ability to author technical documents and report to a high standard.
• Responding to Technical queries – either directly or managing the process of others responding.
• Assessing/Reviewing documentation received from Contractors and consultants on behalf of STW
• Provide direction to project teams.
• Ability to work to deadlines and understand the level of detail required at the different parts of the project lifecycle.
• Working with framework contracts – Drafting service orders, works orders, compensation events
• Drafting business cases for internal STW approvals
• Reviewing quotes received and arranging for Purchase orders to be raised within STW
• Monitoring and adjusting cost plans
• Monitoring programme and updating all parties on interfaces when things change
You will require the following personal and professional attributes to be considered for the role:
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering or other relevant technical subject.
Professionally qualified (Chartered Engineer or equivalent) and member of a relevant engineering or technical institution.
Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the asset management and design of water / wastewater treatment systems.
Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects in the water industry.
Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and independently.
Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team – both written and oral.
Good client service focus.
Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task.
Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively.
A highly competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate for this key position. To register your interest please apply by following instructions or call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507 for a confidential discussion.