Permanent Principal Sustainability Consultant
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a creative and driven Sustainability professional to join a Sustainability Group. The role is part of their South West Sustainability Team and will be part of their broader Sustainability group which has a presence in every UK office.
They provide a diverse sustainability consultancy service promoting sustainable development for a range of projects, across all sectors. As a Design for Performance Pioneer Delivery Partner, we adopt an outcomes-based approach to building performance simulation and design. This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career, but the industry approach to your field of expertise as a whole.
Why Work for them?
You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working as part of one of the UK’s largest dedicated sustainability groups in the country, alongside other specialist teams, and within the UK’s largest MEP firm.
You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors. You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
What you’ll be doing.
– Leading building performance simulation and energy related workstreams, using a range of modelling approaches, tools and techniques.
– Supporting the development of junior staff in the team, helping them to improve their understanding and skills in the energy simulation and building performance arena.
– Developing energy strategies with our clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of developments.
– Supporting the day-to-day operations of the team.
– Supporting the development of holistic Sustainability Strategies, where necessary.
– Supporting the team with the completion of environmental assessments (such as BREEAM, WELL, etc), where necessary.
– Working with other members of the Sustainability Group on business related research and development tasks.
– As well as project-related work, the Group engages directly with industry undertaking research and development studies, and authoring industry guidance.
– We hold key positions on national design commissions and influential industry bodies.
– The role also presents the opportunity for involvement in this aspect of the Group’s work to those keen to have a direct influence on the industry.
What we’re looking for.
You will be expected to have experience and competence in a selection of the following fields:
– Extensive experience of modelling a range of building types using IES
– Building Regulations Part L assessments using IES and Elmhurst (or similar)
– Developing energy and carbon strategies
– HVAC network modelling
– In-Use energy modelling and assessment
– Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
– Façade performance evaluation
– Passvihaus – qualified PH Designer or Consultant, or a good working knowledge of the methodology
– Parametric environmental design assessment
– Renewable energy feasibility studies
– Sustainable master-planning and energy network assessment Advantageous Qualities;
– Knowledge of BREEAM and / or other environmental assessment methodologies, from pre-assessment to post-construction stage assessments.
– Appreciation of broader sustainability issues, such as; sustainability governance and reporting, sustainability strategies, climate change adaptation, behaviour change, etc. About you.
– Experience working within the built environment sector.
– Already working within a sustainability or engineering consultancy, you will be looking for a new challenge within a practice at the very forefront of our field.
– You will bring expertise (with a degree in engineering / science, and experience in the field) and a passion for creating sustainable solutions.
– You will relish being part of dynamic team within a progressive and well-respected firm.
– You will have good communication skills and an enthusiasm for working within a team environment.
– Like us, you will be serious about sustainability.
What we can offer you.
To reward your hard work and commitment they can offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Tax free childcare
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
• Flexitime Flexible Benefits
• Discounted BUPA health assessments
• Flexible working. • Study Assistance
• Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
• Cycle to work scheme
• Travel & dental insurance
• Employee retail discounts
• Sabbatical Leave • Gym discounts
• GAYE – Give as you Earn
• Gourmet society tasting cards
• Employee Referral Scheme