Permanent Principal Sustainability Consultant
We are working in a partnership with an award-winning nationwide engineering consultancy, which provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a creative and driven Principal Sustainability Professional to join their South-West Sustainability Team and to be part of their broader Sustainability group which has a presence in every office across the country.
What you’ll be doing.
- Leading building performance simulation and energy related workstreams, using a range of modelling approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Supporting the development of junior staff in the team, helping them to improve their understanding and skills in the energy simulation and building performance arena.
- Developing energy strategies with our clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of developments.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of the team.
- Supporting the development of holistic Sustainability Strategies, where necessary.
- Supporting the team with the completion of environmental assessments (such as BREEAM, WELL, etc), where necessary.
- Working with other members of the Sustainability Group on business related research and development tasks.
- As well as project-related work, the Group engages directly with industry undertaking research and development studies, and authoring industry guidance.
- We hold key positions on national design commissions and influential industry bodies.
- The role also presents the opportunity for involvement in this aspect of the Group’s work to those keen to have a direct influence on the industry.
What They Are Looking For:
Experience and competence in a selection of the following fields:
- Extensive experience of modelling a range of building types using IES
- Building Regulations Part L assessments using IES and Elmhurst (or similar)
- Developing energy and carbon strategies
- HVAC network modelling
- In-Use energy modelling and assessment
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
- Façade performance evaluation
- Passvihaus – qualified PH Designer or Consultant, or a good working knowledge of the methodology
- Parametric environmental design assessment
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Sustainable master-planning and energy network assessment
- Knowledge of BREEAM and / or other environmental assessment methodologies, from pre-assessment to post-construction stage assessments.
- Appreciation of broader sustainability issues, such as sustainability governance and reporting, sustainability strategies, climate change adaptation, behaviour change, etc.
- Leading all aspects of projects, both technical and commercial
- Be part of their sustainability communities
- Leading building performance simulation and energy related workstreams
- Supporting the development of junior staff in the team
- Developing energy strategies with their clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of developments.
- Supporting the development of holistic Sustainability Strategies.
- Supporting the team with the completion of environmental assessments
- Experience working within the built environment sector.
- Already working within a sustainability or engineering consultancy.
You will bring expertise (with a degree in engineering /science, and experience in the field) and a passion for creating sustainable solutions.
What they offer
- Private medical scheme – Life Assurance – Income protection
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- Profit and performance related bonus
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- 9 day fortnight
- Hybrid Working
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance