Permanent Principal Mechanical Engineer – Water / Wastewater
I have an excellent opportunity in Edinburgh for a seasoned Principal Mechanical Engineer with experience developing, designing and delivering water treatment projects safely, on time, within budget and to company and client quality standards. This consultancy side position involves working closely with both the multi-disciplined design team and project delivery team to deliver multiple quality projects within the desired parameters.
The position is with a global company that employs over 20,000 people and operate out of 400 locations – they are one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings and have been selected by key UK water utility clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider. Scottish Water would be the key client in this case.
As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Mechanical Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to infrastructure and treatment assets in line with Scottish Water’s strategic direction. The role holder will also provide support and guidance to staff based in the local office. Duties will include:
• Undertaking scoping and design, and providing ongoing support to Delivery Partners during the construction and commissioning of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
• Undertaking production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensuring all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain.
• Undertaking checking of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications produced by other Engineers.
• Maintaining up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
• Maintaining communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
• Undertaking appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
• Complete all work in line with company value and in accordance with company Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
To be consider a suitable applicant for the role you will need the following attributes:
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant subject
• Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. IMechE
• Experience in delivering different stages of projects from feasibility to construction support.
• Experience within the delivery of mechanical design in utilities sectors, particularly in water and energy sectors
• Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
• Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
A competitive salary package and excellent career prospects are on offer with this market leader. To register your interest please apply by following instructions or call Paul Massocchi for a confidential discussion on 0117 973 8507.