Permanent Principal Electrical Engineer
We have exciting opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join a highly successful international firm of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Consulting Engineers. Bristol.
Working alongside the Team Leader, you will be facing clients, responding to their clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. They work closely as a team to ensure they achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for their clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
- Projects span a cross section of sectors including Science and Research Laboratories, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, and high end mixed use developments.
What They Are Looking For
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of their outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Ability to identify when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to
Why Work For Them
To reward your hard work and commitment they offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- The opportunity to become the electrical lead on projects and project lead on small to medium sized projects
- Opportunities for career progression