Permanent Mechanical & Electrical Building Services Engineer
We are currently working in partnership with a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. They work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
Established in 1991 in London, they are now a multi-skilled team of engineers, surveyors, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.
They are committed to delivering and maintaining a sustainable built environment and are recognised specialists in M&E, due diligence surveys, measured surveys, project management, cost management, party walls, rights of light, environment, energy & sustainability.
Their mission is to continue to grow and be leaders in global commercial real estate consulting.
Because that creates opportunities for their people which means that they attract and retain the best.
They have been recognised as one of the Best Places to Work in Property for the fourth year running by Property Week and won the Employer Award at the EG Awards 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in the growth of the MEP business. They are expanding their operation in The Netherlands and are looking to hire a Senior Engineer (mechanical & electrical) to join the MEP team to be the first permanent engineer based in Amsterdam, working with their existing team of consultants and project managers. This role will include undertaking MEP Technical Due Diligence, Development Monitoring and MEP Project Management in the Benelux region and potentially other European countries for the TDD. The engineer will be competent and confident to be able to talk technically to clients either in a meeting setting, or whilst walking round a building.
- MEP technical due diligence reporting, for acquisition and disposal.
- Development monitoring.
- MEP project management.
- MEP budget costing.
- Input into innovation; continual improvement of services and products.
- Meeting company targets on billable time and regular invoicing.
- Awareness of business development and client care.
- Minimum of 6 years post-qualification experience.
- Experience in at least two of the three main areas of technical due diligence, project management and development monitoring.
- Good knowledge of local Dutch and other European regulations, standards and statutory requirements.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills with a passion for quality.
- The ability to liaise professionally with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to identify and provide professional advice for the following building services:
- Electrical distribution systems.
- Air conditioning systems, including VRV, VAV, chilled water systems with a knowledge of older systems.
- Ventilation systems including heat recovery.
- Heating systems including heat generation, distribution and terminal unit types.
- Controls and BMS.
- Fire alarms, security and access systems.
- Lifts (general non-specialist knowledge)
Why join our client
They are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. Independently owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be themselves. They strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday, increasing annually
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts and more
They are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues.
Finally, they also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events throughout the year.