Permanent Mechanical Design Engineer
- The good design and management of the mechanical engineering content of the architectural, building and design projects from Inception to Completion, either on an individual basis or as part of a Project Team.
- To assist the Principal Designer / Architect in the determination of corporate policy on mechanical engineering matters and to assist in the control and direction of support staff as required to co-ordinate engineering designs.
- To ensure that the mechanical engineering content of schemes is carried out within approved budgets and agreed time scales.
- To promote and develop the highest quality of design and constructional standards for mechanical engineering with particular emphasis on value-for money and cost-in-use, whilst assisting the Principal Designer / Architect in ensuring compliance with Client requirements, current legislation and Codes of Practice.
- To participate in the development of improved working methods and develop close and effective working relationships with other disciplines to maximise the benefits of the consultancy services and integrated use of computer technology in the design process.
- To assist the Principal Designer / Architect to obtain at the appropriate time all necessary Client and other statutory approvals
- Preparing documentation for all relevant Planning, Building Regulation and other statutory approvals
- To assist the Team Leader in ensuring that all projects comply with current design guidance, codes of practice, statutory and legislative requirements
- Ensure all projects comply with corporate and statutory regulations and guidance.
- Enforce appropriate Health and Safety procedures and precautions commensurate with the complexity of project, particularly the CDM regulations.
- Contributing to the business overall through personal performance, proactive cooperation with other Groups in the business and support of initiatives approved by the Group Manager.
- HNC in Building Services Engineering (HVAC)
- Significant and Demonstrable Post Qualification Experience in the Heating and Ventilation Building Services Sector
- Significant and Demonstrable experience within engineering support for, or within, an architectural practice, ideally serving the education building sector
- Previous experience of working within a multi-disciplinary environment/role
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong skills to work within a team and to also work on their own initiative
- Knowledge and use of IES Virtual Environmental Software
- Knowledge and use of Revit
- Full/Associate membership of CIBSE
What’s in it for you:
Training and development aren’t optional extras for this Engineering company: they’re how they do their job. They will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary they also give you 23 day’s holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.