Permanent Mechanical Design Engineer – Water / Wastewater Experience
This is a terrific opportunity to join a very successful, established and growing company that provides engineering, construction and maintenance services for water utilities – such as water treatment plants, sewerage treatment works, acid phase digestion plants and other water infrastructure. They have recently won a number of regional awards for business performance and safety excellence. Based in the Bath / Somerset region the company has a long history of providing innovative and quality work to their clients. Water is something for which demand will only increase so there is genuine job security for those that consistently do a good job. There are also excellent prospects for advancement for those that excel in their job.
There is a need for an experienced and efficient Mechanical Design Engineer to be based at Head Office in Midsomer Norton and report to the Design Manager. The role will be a mixture of site and office based and you will be working on water and wastewater projects. Working as part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for the production design deliverables for water, wastewater and biosolids treatment plants the duties of the position include:
• Responsible for assisting in all aspects of mechanical design from site surveys of existing assets, optioneering, feasibility studies, detailed design and tender pricing
• Production of procurement specifications for mechanical equipment; hydraulic calculations and production of detailed design construction drawings
• Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams. Liaising with clients and subcontractors
To be considered a suitable candidate for this position you will need to have the following qualifications and accreditations:
• A tertiary recognised Mechanical Engineering qualification.
• Experience working within multi-disciplined teams.
• Exposure to and understanding of water / wastewater projects.
Personally you must be presentable and organised with excellent communication skills. A base salary of £36,000 – £46,000 will be offered to the right candidate. The company is very employee focused and the package comes with a number of additional benefits like private health cover. To apply please follow the instructions or for a confidential discussion please call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507.