4 Sep 2019
Permanent Mechanical Building Services Engineer
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems – heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Carry out (& managing others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools inc. Excel, IES, Hevacomp, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS.
- Working in partnership with the clients international Global Design Centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects where appropriate.
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team a working understanding / use of Autodesk (& Revit).
- Representing the client at meetings with clients and contractors.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Report & technical note writing.
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive mechanical design
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards.
- Adherence to all quality, environmental & governance processes.
- Managing own workload
- Lead and manage your projects independently with little assistance within budget.
- Reviewing progress, inc. reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the line manager.
- Help & assist with technical development of junior staff
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects.
- Chartered Engineer with CIBSE / IMechE, or working towards chartership.
- Sufficient experience working on Building Services projects
- Sufficient experience working in a design consultancy – some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- Good knowledge and skills designing in a 3D environment, including experience in 3D software packages including Revit.
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools inc.; IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, NBS and Microsoft packages, Bluebeam, and an understanding of AutoCAD for infrequent use.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential.
- Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and will be provided to undergo a security vetting process.