Permanent Mechanical and Electrical Asset Consultants
There are fantastic opportunities available that would suit an ambitious Mechanical and Electrical Building Services Engineers looking to transition into property and asset consultancy.
What is Asset Consultancy?
Based in Bath, the Asset Consultancy team focuses on the early stages of both new build and refurbishment projects providing an ‘end-user’ perspective with emphasis on design life, energy consumption, plant operation and control, flexibility, sustainability and the maintainability of assets. Through the provision of strategic property advice for both individual buildings and complete premises portfolios, they find cost-effective and environmentally sensitive solutions to clients across the cultural, entertainment, financial, utilities, technology and education sectors.
More about the roles…
Naturally, this is a highly diverse role, however typical responsibilities can be expected to comprise of:
- Meeting clients, other professionals and contractors;
- Supporting business development activity for the asset consultancy discipline and wider practice where appropriate;
- Developing strategic, technically based reports and plans to present directly to clients and end-users;
- Taking ownership for client relationships with end-users, developers, contractors, etc.
- Preparation of condition surveys, forward maintenance plans, dilapidation schedules, defect analyses, system diagnostics reports, schedules of condition and the monitoring of the subsequent works processes;
- Provide business, technical, maintenance, operational and energy audits and, or studies based upon conventional and alternative energy sources for individual or groups of buildings;
- Demonstrate awareness of sustainable construction, operations and maintenance;
- Preparation of Employer’s Requirements and Developer’s Specifications for new buildings, building refurbishment, renovation, remodelling, engineering services and allied systems and the monitoring of project works;
- Organising resources and ensuring that services and projects are carried out to an agreed programme and within budget;
More about you…
This role would suit an experienced building services engineer with strong client-facing skills. Typical candidates can be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in building services consultancy, with a mechanical or electrical bias.
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills (verbal and written), with experience presenting (you will often be required to present solutions directly to ‘c-suite’ level stakeholders)
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports for delivery direct to a client audience
- Ability to problem solve and propose multiple solutions to Clients and objectively summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Bachelors degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters degree (MEng) / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for chartership.
What’s in it for you…
In return, we can offer fantastic opportunities too…
- Cultivate and take ownership your own client relationships, dealing directly with high profile stakeholders including company CEO’s, heads of property, et al.
- Advance your technical capability and consultancy skills by utilising the extensive knowledge base available within a truly multidisciplinary environment, encompassing MEP, Structures, Facades, Sustainability/Physics, Lighting et al.
- Be part of a close-knit, friendly team in Bath with a buoyant social side and a supportive environment.