Permanent Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Your role as an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will require you to work closely with Senior Engineers, Associates and Directors to produce a high standard of design for mechanical services such as ventilation, water services, gas distribution, heating and cooling.
You will be tasked with mechanical building services designs, production of drawings, use of the latest computer modelling and calculation software, site surveys, report writing, attendance at meetings etc.
Our client play a major role in driving sustainable development. They help create innovative low-carbon buildings, pushing the limit on what’s possible. Their projects cover almost every sector – from healthcare, residential and commercial retail, to defence, heritage and education.
You will play a very important role in our engineering team and this offers a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop your career and progress through our business.
What are they looking for?
- You will need to have achieved 2:1 or above CIBSE or IMechE accredited Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or similar subject.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who is determined and passionate about their work
- You will need to have good communication, analytical and organisational skills and must have the ability to work both collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
- Undertake detailed mechanical engineering building services design calculations
- Preparation of technical specifications, schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions.
- Ensuring services design and project works are carried out to an excellent standard within agreed deadlines and budget.
- Production of design drawings and Building Information Modelling using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Thermal modelling and building physics reporting using dynamic simulation software
What they can offer you?
Established in 1971 and operating from four offices across the South of England, they are a Building Top 150 consultancy offering Architectural, Interior Design, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Building Services Engineering and Town Planning services.
Their ethos is based on efficiency, flexibility, accessibility and being passionate about what we do, always striving to build meaningful enduring relationships with their clients and industry partners. Their ongoing success is built on a relentless pursuit for excellence. Thier experience alongside our highly motivated, well trained and professionally qualified staff ensures the very best service.
The vacancy presents a great opportunity to work within a dynamic team across a range of sectors including commercial developments, education, industrial, retail, heritage, leisure and defence.
Across their business they have a number of trainees and graduates who benefit from mentoring and learning from fully trained and experienced experts within the industry.
Your Engineering Development Programme will be tailored to suit your individual needs and ability. We provide our full support to the development of each of our graduate engineers to ensure that they fulfil their potential as a professional and to get the most out of their careers.
Key Benefits Summary
- Competitive Salaries
- Private Healthcare
- Up to 27 day holiday plus bank holidays with the option of holiday buying or selling.
- Flexible working
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
Plus much more!