Permanent Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
UK award winning consultancy practice are looking to recruit an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join their expanding Exeter team. The vacancy presents a great opportunity to work within a dynamic team across a range of sectors including residential/commercial development, education, social housing, industrial, commercial and retail, heritage, leisure and defence.
Established in 1971 and operating from four office across the South of England, they are a Building Top 150 consultancy offering Architectural, Interior Design, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Building Services Engineering and Town Planning services.
Their ethos is based on efficiency, flexibility, accessibility and being passionate about what they do, always striving to build meaningful enduring relationships with their clients and industry partners.
Their ongoing success is built on their relentless pursuit of excellence. Their experience alongside the highly motivated, well trained and professionally qualified staff ensures the very best service.
Your role as an Electrical Engineer will require you to work closely with Senior Engineers and Associates to produce a high standard of design for electrical services such as LV distribution, lighting, small power, fire and security etc. using a range of software including Prodesign (Amtech), Dialux, AutoCAD and Revit.
You will need good written and verbal communication skills as you will be expected to liaise with Clients and Contractors. You will undertake your own design work which will include report and specification writing and the production of 2D drawings and 3D models.
Opportunities exist for progression and you will be given support and guidance by senior members of the team to support your professional development and help you to fulfil your potential and to get the most out of your career.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will hold qualifications relevant to engineering (degree preferred) with hands-on design experience. They will have or will be working towards membership status with the IET and must hold a full UK drivers licence.
You will need an understanding of relevant design standards such as British Standards, CIBSE and BSRIA design guides.
- Enthusiastic, hard working and self motivated individual with a proactive approach to work and professional development
- Methodical approach and good problem solver
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of experience in the use of Microsoft office, AutoCAD, Dialux and ideally have experience in using Revit
- Ability to work in a team environment and on your own initiative
- Membership of relevant professional body such as IET is preferred
- Join a growing consultancy with excellent progressional opportunities
- Regular and committed training and CPD opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent enhanced pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay scheme (including long term sickness insurance)
- Access to 24/7 counselling through our employee assistance helpline
- Access to free independent 1 to 1 financial advice
- Flexible working including homeworking where appropriate
And much more……