Temporary Interim Project Manager
We are looking to recruit an Interim Project Manager to cover some minor capital projects and some long term maintenance work for three months for a Higher Education Estates team. The role includes some line management of 4 support staff who look after asbestos, admin and other records
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
- Success is measured on compliance with cost, time quality benchmarks which will be established at sign off of feasibility.
- A combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as more general management skills.
- Recognition of risk that directly impacts the likelihood of success and that this risk must be both formally and informally measured throughout the lifetime of a project.
- Responsible for making decisions, both large and small. Control risk and minimise uncertainty.
- Work with stakeholders and the SMT to develop outline project briefs/ option studies on complex projects.
- Ability to direct and manage the development of outline briefs and option studies so they align with likely funding allocations and sensible stakeholder aspirations.
- Planning and Defining Scope, mindful of clients constraints
- Activity Planning and Sequencing, and advising on realistic programmes.
- Resource Planning, both internal and external support.
- Project programming, ensuring realistic programmes are established from the outset with sensible contingency, withy monitoring through the life of the project.
- Cost Estimating and management of cost consultants.
- Developing and monitoring a budget.
- Risk analysis.
- Managing risks, registers, and potential mitigation.
- Compliance with policies such as Health and Safety and operating manuals and procurement legislation.