Permanent Graduate + 1 year Electrical Design Engineer
We are working in a partnership with an award-winning engineering consultancy who provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
They have an immediate opportunity for an ambitious Graduate Electrical Design Engineer to join their team in Bristol.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Graduate Engineer your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we’ll expose you to all aspects of our work so you can discover what suits you. You could be:
- Working on a variety of projects from day one from healthcare to hotels
- Producing detailed designs and drawings
- Using the latest computer modelling software CAD and Revit
- Undertaking site surveys
- Researching ground-breaking technologies
- Continuous CPD and learning opportunities
- Your typical project work includes cable calculations, small power & lighting design and calculations & the planning and design of containment routes.
You will receive a dedicated mentor and supervisor and you will receive the best training to support you through your development with us.
What They Are Looking For
- Minimum 12-months experience
- 2.1 or above IET or CIBSE accredited degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering or Power Systems, Control Engineering, Wireless Communications, Electro-Mechanical.
- A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous placement or work experience in a similar industry is an advantage
- An understanding of CAD or similar modelling software is an advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong communication skills, as we regularly liaise with project teams, meet clients or end users, and attend collaborative meetings.
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient approach.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Hybrid working policy
- Optional 9 day working fortnight
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Private medical scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Additional benefits of your choice