Permanent Geo-Environmental Engineer
Our client is an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy with a track record of providing creative solutions to some challenging projects.
We are looking to recruit a Geo-Environmental Engineer to join their team in Leeds working across a variety of market sectors in contaminated land but with a focus on Utilities property portfolio.
Key responsibilies of the role:
• Undertaking desk top studies and site walkover inspections;
• Supervising small to medium scale intrusive site investigations
• Costing and procuring of work from sub-contractors
• Assisting senior members of the team with tendering works and cost control
• Logging of soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:1999, Amendment 1, BS EN ISO 14688 and BS EN ISO 14689;
• Scheduling of geotechnical and environmental laboratory analysis
• Groundwater and ground gas monitoring
• Preparation of health and safety documentation including risk assessments and method statements
• Production of factual desk studies and site investigation reports including the input of fieldwork data into HoleBase and assisting the Data Manager where required
• Production of interpretative reports – geotechnical and/or contamination to gain experience
This opportunity would suit a highly organised, motivated and enthusiastic geo-environmental professional keen to learn and develop experience in site investigation and associated management and reporting.
Essential • First degree in geology, environmental science, earth sciences, environmental engineering or similar
Experience in site investigation including soil and rock logging and gas and groundwater sampling and monitoring
• IOSH Safe Supervisor course or equivalent, CAT scan course First Aid and CSCS qualifications.
Desirable if you have experience of contaminated land investigation, remediation design, supervision and management of National Grid Property sites
Full career and personal development support with ongoing opportunities to develop all the skills and qualifications you need to succeed. Flexible benefits and tailored rewards make up an excellent package.