Permanent Field Technician Supervisor – Water Networks
Our client is a leading project management consultancy for clean water asset services that is rapidly growing and provides specialised services to various water networks across the UK. They pride themselves on the quality of their work, have an enviable reputation in the market and boast an excellent track record.
There is an immediate requirement for a Network Field Supervisor to undertake and supervise field based activities across a multitude of clean water services primarily focused on leak investigation and validation, asset verification and operability testing, trunk main isolations, reservoir outages and commission. The position is based at the Kent office yet you will primarily be in the field, an area in and around the M25. Day to day responsibilities will include:
• Leading the field team in the accurate and efficient delivery of all field based activities including issue and risk management.
• Responsible for the day to day management and ongoing development of the field team including formal appraisals, welfare check ins and training requirements including providing a competent level of teaching.
• Undertaking regular field observation and responsible for the auditing and delivering existing processes and field activities.
• Primary liaison between the field team and project managers, ensuring project completion, productivity and efficiency.
• Active duty manager when required, providing technical support to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise, escalating where necessary and monitoring staff welfare.
• Take a lead on all on-site practical health and safety safe systems of work including project briefings, risk assessments, method statements and leading on toolbox talks and team briefings.
• An active participant on the Health and Safety committee, taking responsibilities for actions, investigations and solutions to improve ways of working.
To be considered a suitable candidate for this role you will need the following attributes:
• 5 years clean water industry experience
• Experience in one or more of our core services, working on the trunk main network
• EUSR, Valve Operations and Streetworks qualified
• Confined space entry, manual handing and emergency first aid would be beneficial
• Practical industry experience in leading a team and transferable supervisory skills.
• Confidence, reliability, health and safety conscience, and seeing a job to the end are essential traits to possess.
Personally you must be presentable, organised and efficient. A Competitive salary package of £32K – £38K + company van + fuel card + expenses +perks will be offered to the right candidate for this long term opportunity. To register your interest please apply by following instructions or call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507 for a confidential discussion.