Permanent Facilities Manager
Fantastic opportunity to join a comprehensive property and asset management service whose approach offers the best possible prospect for their clients. Individually and collectively they take pride in delivering a first class service and they do this by taking a detailed and integrated approach to property management, facilities management and accounting.
They treat each property as if it were its own business and strongly believe good Property Management has a major beneficial effect on value.
The Property & Asset Management team would like to recruit an experienced Facilities Manager, to be based in their Bristol office.
The role of a Facilities Manager requires a high level of organisation as well as an ability to operate as part of a team. This hands on role brings responsibility and overall accountability for the day to day operation of a group of buildings. Your key responsibilities will be to ensure that each building within a Group runs smoothly, to both their and Legislative standards by managing the FM activities of both their in house team and the activities of service partners and contractors. The candidate will need to be a good communicator, be self-motivated and have a good eye for detail.
They see FM service delivery to be a fundamental component to managing property and it is key to both the industries future and their own development.
- Fully embrace our use of E-Logbooks and S2 Riskwise CAFAM systems. This is fundamental to the role and the way they wish to approach Facilities Management.
- To develop and maintain a positive image of the building in its location.
- To monitor all activities relating to the site(s), reporting and taking action as appropriate.
- Regular inspections of the building fabric
- To work with key stakeholders to ensure a maintenance and repair programme is in place.
- To compile and maintain records relating to the site(s); e.g. asset register, plans, plant testing, etc., taking any action which may be required.
- To liaise with tenants and deal with any operational queries they might have.
- To attend tenants’ meetings with and without the surveying team.
- To be responsible for Health and Safety compliance on site, and the maintenance of records.
- To be responsible for environmental management on site, in compliance with policy.
- To organise fire and other safety evacuations and arrange an emergency plan.
- To liaise with local authorities as appropriate.
- To proactively manage risk and deal with insurance issues on site.
- To ensure the property achieves the KPIs set by the client, in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- To manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved.
- To produce regular reports to operational team, as required.
- Ensure procurement is carried out in line with company policy.
- Any other duties as directed by your Line Manager
Skills and Experience:-
- A proven track record in facilities management, leading staff and ensuring business operational and financial targets are met.
- Experience of offices and retail property is essential. Experience of residential property would be helpful.
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to facilities management.
- Able to build and maintain client relationships.
- Understand the client’s investment objectives.
- Able to build and maintain tenant/customer relationships.
- Able to build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements.
- A good understanding of contracts and procurement.
- Be able to specify services, tender contracts and select service providers.
- Understand how property is constructed and how ‘plant’ works.
- Know and be able to apply legislation and policies relating to Environmental protection
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Familiar with CAFM and popular accountancy/invoicing software.
- Show a confident approach and strong interpersonal skills. Solid communication skills both orally and written to ensure a professional approach to all situations.
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues using knowledge and experience.
- Proactive in supporting junior members of staff and offering guidance to the team on best practice.
- Support the Surveyors by resolving issues that may create distractions or make unnecessary calls upon their time.
- Have a strong work ethic and take ‘ownership’ of the role.
- Hold a NEBOSH qualification
What they can offer you:-
- Competitive Salary
- Transparent bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Mobile phone
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan and retail discounts
- Professional Subscription/fees
- Continuing professional development