Permanent Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
We are working in a partnership with an award-winning nationwide engineering consultancy, which provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
They provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in Cardiff
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- You will work on a varied portfolio of projects that span a cross section of sectors with specific local focusses on Healthcare, Schools, Higher Education, Commercial, Residential and Leisure.
- Contribute to developing new and innovative ways of working with a strong emphasis on digital skills.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day-to-day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills, and we get the best out of our people.
- Help maintain a high reputation within the industry through adherence to a supportive Integrated Management System.
- Be able to support Community Benefit initiatives, such as active involvement in STEM activities.
- Develop an awareness of construction procurement routes, project management skills and financial acumen.
- Actively maintaining your CPD records.
What They Are Looking For
- A collaborative, creative and driven individual willing to learn, lead, develop and contribute to a dynamic engineering team and the projects we work on.
- Clear understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards submission, to either CIBSE or IMechE, or equivalent.
- Courage to innovate and develop new ways of working.
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small/medium projects and or able to take a brief from the project lead on large scale projects and deliver and control the tasks required under minimal supervision.
- Ownership of the quality of our outputs.
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to be client and project team facing.
- Ability to balance time, cost and quality of own work.
- Form working relationships within and outside of the immediate team.
- Someone that acts in a professional, personable and competent manner.
- The ability to develop effective client and fellow professional relationships.
- A commitment to personal and continuing professional development of their self and others.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight – the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
- Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE (Give as you Earn
- Flexible working