Permanent Electrical MEP Design Engineer
About this opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical MEP Design Engineer to be a key member supporting the development of a local team of Mechanical & Electrical Engineers based in the Bristol Office.
The role is to work with the existing Bristol MEP lead to develop and grow a team locally within the service offering, whilst supporting their Building Surveying department with both inspection and design-based services. They have many existing programmes of work which will require immediate involvement both locally and nationally, and they have a strong pipeline of opportunities going forward.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Client relationship management
• Project Engineer duties
• Supporting growth in the service line
• Supporting QA Management within the office
• Delivering M&E services ; normal duties design, preparation of performance specs, site inspections of works in progress, site surveys/condition reports etc.
• Management of internal and external resource
• Supporting the local MEP Lead in preparing fee proposals and appointment documents, tracking projects from inception to completion;
• Work collaboratively with MEP service teams in the North and Midlands
• Provide technical support to other service team members in other regions
• Contribute to the preparation of standardisation of documentation across our business
As a team member, you will have access to:
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
• Passionate and driven about your profession;
• An understanding of the marketplace and drivers with regard to energy efficiency and decarbonisation.
• Previous experience of leading a team within a consultancy or similar environment.
• Experience of witnessing testing and commissioning of services
• Degree educated in , Building Services Engineer, , Electrical Engineering or similar;
• MS Office suite; Software design packages such as HEVACOMP, TAS or IES; BIM & ACAD,
• Hold or working towards a professional membership with CIBSE or MIET or Similar
• Experience or detailed understanding of decarbonisation of estates, CIBSE benchmarking and targeting
• Improving energy efficiency and inclusion of design of renewable technologies including ASHP, Solar Thermal and Solar PV systems
• Delivery of estate wide condition surveys to support pre- acquisition surveys, Technical Due Diligence
• Life Cycle assessment and cost in use to support Planned and Reactive Maintenance, FM Compliance Reviews
• Advising on design capacities to support utilities loadings / assessment and resilience risk
Be part of the extraordinary
They influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, their teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities they value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions they offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific their ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of their people. They welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, they believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. They strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever they are in the world, their aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing their three core values:
- They’re committed to our clients and our people
- They’re creative and realistic
- They combine professionalism with personality