Permanent Electrical Design Engineer – Water / Wastewater Experience
This is a genuine opportunity to join a trusted high performance and multi-disciplined MEICA engineering technology company with an established and long-term client base, they have recently won a number of regional awards for business performance and safety excellence. Typical projects are water treatment plants, sewerage treatment works, acid phase digestion plants and other water infrastructure. Based in the Bath / Somerset region the company has a long history of providing innovative and quality work to their clients. Water is something for which demand will only increase so there is genuine job security for those that consistently do a good job. There are also excellent prospects for advancement for those that excel in their job.
There is an immediate requirement, based at the Midsomer Norton Head Office for an Electrical Design Engineer with experience in the water / wastewater industry. You will be an integral part of an experienced multi-disciplined team and responsible for the design management of water and wastewater projects. Your duties will include:
• You will be required to complete cable installation designs, including cable schedules, Amtech cable calculations, hook up drawings, SLD’s, tray/ladder sizing and some lighting design
• To gain client requirements and creating specifications for projects; creating solutions.
• To work alongside the Project Manager and Design Manager to ensure that the designs of projects are running to client requirements, and are compliant with regulations.
• To produce designs in accordance with the design specification through technical innovation
• To ensure the integrity of the design through:
• technical design calculations
• material research and awareness of modern production techniques
• cost effectiveness
• To produce all necessary production and assembly drawings, using 2D drawing CAD system
• To be aware of the necessary standards relating to the environment
• To undertake site and client visits as required
• To communicate accurately with other stakeholders throughout the project from concept through to completion.
• To liaise with the end client to ensure that they have a full understanding of the progress of the project.
To be considered a suitable candidate for this position you will need to have the following qualifications, experience and accreditations:
• Trade or tertiary electrical qualifications
• Electrical design experience on water / wastewater projects
• Aspirations towards Chartered status
Personally you must be presentable and organised with excellent communication skills. A competitive salary will be negotiated with the right candidate with the possibility of a car or car allowance. Perks of the position include health insurance, life insurance, an employee discount scheme and regular salary reviews. To apply please follow the instructions or for a confidential discussion please call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507.