Permanent Electrical Design Engineer
About this career opportunity…
Based in Nottingham, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer to apply your engineering expertise to shape projects and play an active role in all stages of projects from feasibility through to completion across a number of sectors, including commercial, industrial, education, energy, sport, health and mixed-use developments.
In addition, you will make an impact in this role by…
- Working in an interdisciplinary environment and aim to design buildings that maximise value for clients whilst minimising their environmental impact.
- Playing a part in the ever-increasing digital transformation of their business, seeking new ways to increase their efficiency through automation and to offer new services to their clients through their integrated digital approach to design.
To achieve in this role, you are likely to…
- Be Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering, preferably Masters or equivalent.
- Be Chartered status through CIBSE, IET or other relevant body; or working towards Chartership with a Masters’ in Engineering or equivalent.
- Have experience in the electrical services design on a range of projects.
- Have experience of leading electrical services design on projects.
- Have a wide knowledge of design of electrical building systems including coordination, spatial planning and energy performance of buildings.
- Have sound working knowledge of common electrical building services software.
- Have sound working knowledge of Revit MEP.
- Have experience supervising and providing technical mentorship to Graduate Electrical Engineers and Technicians.
- Be able to think outside specialism and integrate multidisciplinary requirements into holistic coordinated solutions.
- Enjoy working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary design teams, contributing to projects from inception to completion.
- Have good planning, organisational and time management skills to achieve successful designs to programme and budget.
- Have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
In addition to make a significant impact you will be joining a diverse bunch of incredibly talented individuals, each on a unique career development journey.