This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
19 Jul 2019
Temporary Contract Structural Engineer
- Undertake detailed engineering design working on both domestic and international commissions.
- Preparing technical schedules, reports, designs and sketches at a variety of project workstages
- Plan and help manage CAD documentation and BIM models of design work, by working closely with the clients Technicians
- Represent the client at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Ensuring service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget, developing a commercial awareness and beginning to manage financial aspects of projects.
- Ensure that appropriate service/design decisions are met, consulting with internal and external mentors and stakeholders where appropriate.
As an experienced structural design engineer, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Solid foundation of experience of structural design engineering, ideally working with significant structures.
- Ability to accept a degree of responsibility in a team-based organisation, combined with ability to work independently.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- Experience using common analysis software (including or similar to CSC Fastrak, TEDDS, ROBOT, ETABS and SAFE) and willingness to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required required.
- Accreditation from a chartered institute desirable.