Permanent Building Services Manager
My client is a Tier 1 Main Contractor based in Gloucester who are looking to recruit and experienced Building Services Manager to their team, who are hardworking yet calm and relaxed (which is not the norm for many construction companies!)
They are looking for someone who has a lot of experience within Building Services and will consider candidates who are currently Building Services Managers/Senior Building Services Managers within a Main Contractor or an Associate/Director level within a Design Consultancy.
This person will be able to manage their own diary without being directed on what they must do or not do, alongside this the company offer agile working such as working from home if needed and leaving/arriving to work early/later to avoid traffic – alongside many other perks.
- Provide a professional, efficient and cost effective responsive maintenance service to the required quality standards and within approved budgets, in compliance with appropriate legislative controls and within the policies of Kier.
- Contribute to the strategic development, resource allocation and business performance of the responsive repairs service.
- Assist in developing ‘profitability’ and in the provision of an efficient, effective and responsible local housing service.
- Maintain a comprehensive 24 hour emergency response service for clients’ dwellings and where appropriate public and educational establishments.
- Oversee the arrangements for “toolbox talks” in line with the work area’s programme and maintain records.
- Monitor and review operational procedures and recommend changes as required.
- Develop and maintain responsive repair strategies to ensure that resources are used in the most effective way and to review the current response service.
- Monitor budgets and control expenditure in accordance with contractual requirements and maintain adequate financial returns in accordance with tender projects and Kier policies.
- Produce specifications and construction details in a building maintenance context, considering all relevant legislation and provide accurate estimates for the work.
- Responsibility for the management of a Responsive Maintenance section to the required quality and performance within the financial controls and approved policies of Kier in order to achieve a value for money service.
- Assist in the implementation, operation and monitoring of performance management schemes.
- Understand the project financial position at all times and contribute to forecasts.
- Give all supervisory employees and sub-contractors precise instructions on their responsibilities for correct working methods. Ensure that they do not permit individuals to take unnecessary risks.
- Ensure that individuals under their control work safely.
- Identify and liaise to arrange training where required.
- Generate reports and statistics and provide recommendations to the service operations as necessary.
- Determine optimum employment levels to comply with business planning including the recruitment of craft and manual operatives and technical and support staff as necessary.
- Ensure every effort is made to achieve targets both key performance indicators and local performance indicators as agreed and ensure the resources of the service are used in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Provide technical advice in relation to the long-term maintenance planning and servicing of the building stock and deployment of people resources.
- Develop effective communication methods within your department.
- Participate in carrying out of annual PPRs with your staff including interim reviews to manage performance.
- Lead, manage and contribute to the development of your team.
- Manage / monitor performance of sub-contractors / materials in line with the current standing orders procedures.
- Understanding of health, safety and environment policies, CDM regulations and safe systems of work.
- Ensure your business area is presented in a manner that reflects Kier Services- Maintenance image/ values.
- Participate in performance reviews and undertake relevant training where necessary.