Permanent Territory Sales Manager – Industrial Pumps
This is a great opportunity for sales / territory management professionals with experience in and knowledge of the wastewater and pump industries. These position is with a national pump hire, installation and maintenance company that is part of a sizeable privately controlled group of autonomous companies engaged in the supply and servicing of equipment, as well as the provision of comprehensive support services.
Based in Leeds and responsible for a territory encompassing the surrounding area and relevant water utilities this is an autonomous role that will suit those who are motivated to succeed through lateral thinking, strategic perseverance, finding the decision makers and asking the right questions. Duties will include:
• Prospecting, approaching, meeting with and presenting to potential clients in the water and wastewater services industry within your designated territory.
• Building viable supply relationships with existing clients and optimising the sales potential for each company / organisation / utility through structured networking.
• Becoming the first point of contact for wastewater pump requirements and keeping that status through timely and effective customer service / liaison.
• Reporting to the Sales Manager about existing sales, forecast sales pipeline, competitor activity, challenges and accomplishments.
• Working closely with internal stakeholders including other Territory Sales Managers, Manufacturing, Installation and Maintenance personnel.
To be considered relevant for this role candidates will need to have the following attributes: and experience:
• Business development and account management experience in the water, pump or mechanical equipment sector.
• A reasonable technical knowledge of pumps and mechanical equipment for water industry applications.
• A willingness to abandon preconceptions and other opinions – just make the approach with a view to finding the right strategic angle and persevering till you do.
• The flexibility and willingness to travel extensively as required throughout your designated territory.
• The ability to negotiate viable and mutually beneficial long term supply arrangements.
• Self-motivated, driven to succeed, resilient and naturally optimistic.
• Excellent relationship building, client management and time management abilities.
• Computer literacy.
Personally you will need to be presentable, personable and professional. A competitive salary package of £35,000 + Fully Maintained Company Vehicle + Bonus + Pension + Employee Benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. To apply for this position please follow the instructions or for a discreet chat please call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507.