Permanent Structural Design Engineer / Manager – Steelwork
This is an opportunity to join a company that is known for its expertise in three areas: structural steelwork, car park design and build and structural innovation and bespoke solutions. They have successfully completed thousands of projects. They always demonstrate a commitment to the continuous improvement of safety, quality and of their people. The company remains privately owned and managed. There are over 200 employees nationally in a wide range of market sectors, from airports and commercial new build and refurbishment to infrastructure and energy from waste, their influence is seen and felt far and wide.
There is an immediate opportunity in their Brisbane office for a permanent Structural Design Engineer / Design Manager with extensive steelwork design experience, ideally on large structures. Your duties will include:
- Design of steel structures using Tekla and other industry specific software.
- Direct contact with clients to establish their needs and design bespoke solutions.
- Leading and managing small design teams to ensure the desired outcome is achieved.
- Mentoring of more junior staff.
To be considered suitable for this position you will need the following attributes, experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Structural Engineering
- Extensive steelwork design experience.
- Proficiency with Tekla and other steelwork design software.
- A background involving the management of small to medium design teams.
- Good presentation, organisation and communication skills.
- The ability to liaise directly with clients and manage their expectations throughout the process.
- An interest in the career development of others.
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate. To apply please follow instructions or call Paul Massocchi for a confidential discussion on 0117 973 8507.