Permanent Mechanical Fitters – Water / Wastewater Experience
Founded in 2012 our client is part of a large group of international companies and provides mechanical and electrical engineering service and process technologies to the water and wastewater, utilities, food and beverage, power, and industrial process industries. They have an engineering design / administration offices and large fabrication workshop located in Bedford. The recent acquisition of two water industry engineering specialists has enabled the company to further enhance its capabilities within the municipal water and wastewater treatment industry in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
There is an immediate requirement for a number of Mechanical Fitters with water / wastewater experience to work on various clean and dirty sites in Bedford and the surrounding region. Equipment you may be required to work on includes storage tanks and mixers, surge and pressure vessels, dual contained pipework and chemical dosing systems, stainless steel pipework and fittings, platforms, stairways and handrails, screening and filtration plants, aeration treatment plants and tertiary treatment plants.
To be considered for the roles it is essential that you have the following:
• Relevant mechanical trade qualifications.
• Experience with the installation, service and maintenance of mechanical equipment on clean and dirty water sites.
• The ability to work collaboratively alongside electricians.
• The ability to take instruction from supervisors.
• Good safety awareness – knowledge to carry out all tasks in a safe manner
• The flexibility to travel to different sites in the Thames / Anglian Water region.
In addition it would be advantageous (bot not essential) if you have any of the following:
• Thames Water Passport / Anglian Water OneAlliance induction
• EUSR National Water Hygiene Card
• CSCS Card
• City & Guilds Confined Space and Working at Heights
Personally you will need to be self-motivated, reliable and personable with an upbeat attitude. Competitive packages will be offered to the right candidates for these long term opportunities. To apply please follow instructions or to for a discreet chat please call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507.