Permanent Mechanical Fitter (Contract) – Water / Wastewater
Founded in 2012 our client is part of a large group of international companies and provides mechanical and electrical engineering service and process technologies to the water and wastewater, utilities, food and beverage, power, and industrial process industries. They have an engineering design / administration offices and large fabrication workshop located in Bedford. The recent acquisition of two water industry engineering specialists has enabled the company to further enhance its capabilities within the municipal water and wastewater treatment industry in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
There is an upcoming requirement for a Mechanical Fitter with water / wastewater experience to work on various clean water, dirty sites and pumping station sites in the Slough area. The contract will run for 3-4 weeks. Equipment you may be required to work on includes storage tanks and mixers, surge and pressure vessels, dual contained pipework and chemical dosing systems, stainless steel pipework and fittings, platforms, stairways and handrails, screening and filtration plants, aeration treatment plants and tertiary treatment plants.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have the following:
• Relevant mechanical trade qualifications.
• Experience with the installation, service and maintenance of mechanical equipment on clean and dirty water sites.
• The ability to work collaboratively alongside electricians.
• The ability to take instruction from supervisors.
• Good safety awareness – knowledge to carry out all tasks in a safe manner.
• The flexibility to travel to different sites in the water utility region.
In addition, it would be advantageous if you have the following:
• CSCS Card (Blue or White as a minimum)
• Confined Space – medium Risk
• EUSR National
Personally you will need to be self-motivated, reliable and personable with an upbeat attitude. A competitive hourly rate will be offered to the right candidate for this opportunity. To apply please follow instructions or to for a discreet chat please call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507.