Temporary Experienced Civil / Structural Engineer & CAD Technician
This is an opportunity to work for an international company with a long established history in the UK. They provide a comprehensive “turnkey” service involving consultancy, design & build, maintenance and operational services for the industrial and municipal wastewater, commercial and residential sewage treatment, floodwater, infrastructure, holiday / leisure and development markets.
Ideally based at their new office in Truro, or possibly in their Bristol office there is an immediate contract requirement for an experienced Structural Engineer who is conversant in the design of all common structural forms and proficient in the use of AutoCAD and other engineering design software (see below). There is a definite requirement for the next 3-4 weeks but the likelihood is it will be longer and possibly ongoing, depending on workload. Ideally we are looking for someone with the following qualifications, attributes and experience:
- A chartered (CEng MIStructE) structural engineer with experience in the design of building foundation and superstructures
- Experience in structural analysis and design in reinforced concrete/structural steelwork, etc. is essential.
- Experience in developing civil and structural designs for the water industry will be considered a bonus
- Conversant in the design of all common structural forms and be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and engineering design software such as Tekla Tedds, Tekla Structural Designer and MasterSeries.
- Have a varied role/hands on role, which will include checking and approval of design calculations, drawings, specifications and scope of work as well as mentoring of junior to mid-level staff.
- Be flexible, have a positive attitude to clients, consultants and colleagues, be able to problem solve, communicate effectively and be a well-motivated team player.
- The ability to supplement (and lead, if desired) an existing team of Engineers and Technicians providing engineering designs on projects.
Personally you will need to be presentable and well-groomed with excellent communication and time management skills. An appropriate hourly rate will be negotiated with the right candidate. For a confidential discussion please call Paul Massocchi on 0117 973 8507 or apply by following the instructions.