Permanent Contracts Manager – Water / Wastewater
Our client is one of the UK’s largest and most diverse construction groups. As part of their operation they a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, they deliver a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance. They boast a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery and innovation.
Based at Havant in Hampshire there is a requirement for a Contracts Manager who will be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team and be responsible for developing strategies, processes and plans to successfully deliver projects for the Southern Water Partnership as part of a framework arrangement. In this leadership role your duties will include:
- Lead and motivate the team of Project Managers, provide development support and ensure clear open communication between the Design and Delivery Teams.
- Develop an environment where staff share ideas and best practice across projects. Instil the right culture and collaborative behaviours to support the delivery of projects.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with Southern Water, delivering projects in a way that meets the client’s requirements and enhances the customer’s perception and satisfaction.
- Ensure that all activates comply with contractual and regulatory requirements (including Construction Design and Management (2015) or other local statutory requirements) and that all key dates are identified and included in the construction planning.
- Work closely with the Design Manager to ensure that adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental reviews are carried out for each project.
- Ensure that CMP are reviewed for each project after their presentation by PM’s/Teams.
- Ensure that appropriately detailed method statements are prepared, in place and approved prior to commencement of activities.
- Ensure the Senior Leadership Team are informed of any perceived construction/programme risks and review mitigation action plans to manage these risks
- Ensure at contract completion that all records referred to in the CMP are complete and available.
To be considered a suitable applicant for this role you will be able to demonstrate extensive experience within the construction industry and cradle to grave experience of leading project teams. You will have previous experience within the water and wastewater process industry. Personally you will need to be committed, talented and enthusiastic with superior interpersonal skills. A highly competitive salary will be negotiated with the preferred applicant. Please apply by following instructions or call Paul Massocchi for a confidential discussion on 0117 973 8507.