Permanent Cad Technician
A Cad Technician is required by our client, a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy in Cambridge. As a large and expanding business, our client takes pride in selecting the right people and providing them with excellent support, training and career progression opportunities. They offer an excellent salary and benefits package to ensure the ability to attract the best candidates for the position and to provide individuals with the freedom to choose benefits to suit their lifestyle.
The firm is one of the large engineering consultancies based in locations across the UK and working on projects both in the UK and internationally
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Produce accurate and technically correct CAD and Revit drawings comprising general arrangement layouts, sections and details.
- Produce accurate and technically correct reinforcement detailing drawings and associated reinforcement schedules.
- To be conversant with concrete, structural steel, timber and masonry detailing. Be able to develop details and sections from plans with limited input from Engineers.
- Management of models within the Revit environment including set-up and coordination using shared systems.
- Develop details from Engineer’s sketches with minimum assistance to complete working drawings.
- Respond to queries on drawings from external consultants, clients and contractors as necessary.
- Responsible for filing of all incoming and outgoing drawings in accordance with procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of Engineering Submissions and business development material with 3D sketches, models, etc.
- Comply with Health & Safety and CDM Regulations and adhere to the health and safety policy and culture in the Company.
- Comply with QMS procedures ensuring issue sheets for drawings, specifications, bending schedules, etc are used in accordance with QMS procedures.
- Education to GCSE grade C or equivalent in at least 5 subjects, including maths & English
- HNC or HND in civil engineering or building studies or 2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of administration systems and building construction.
- Experience in presentation of information in sketch and drawing form
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency in producing working drawings for all types of construction projects; knowledge of building products and materials.
- £30k-£38k dependent on experience.
- Flexible working for a great work-life balance
- Additional benefits that can be tailored to suit your lifestyle.
- Career development opportunities.