Permanent Building Services Manager – Mechanical Orientation
This is a great opportunity to join a long established, reputable and ethical company in an integral role. With a reputation for providing customers with innovative customised solutions the company has gone from strength to strength for more than 100 years of operation. The work they undertake includes quality design and build, new build, restoration and refurbishment projects up to £15M in value and across the educational, institutional, healthcare and commercial sectors. Their finished product has won multiple industry category awards and they provide services across the south western Home Counties.
This position will involve working alongside colleagues in the Building Services department and having input into a business wide strategy that will improve customer perception; demonstrating that the company understands all aspects of the built environment including building services, renewables and commissioning. To complement the skills of existing staff this role has a mechanical bias. Duties will include:
- Developing strong relationships with customers and building services business partners.
- Working closely with Bid Managers and Design Managers to ensure proposed solutions are advantageous and correct building services design based decisions are made.
- Effectively interfacing building services decisions as part of the wider complete project.
- Providing analytical advice on building services construction progress, installation quality and safety standards.
- Overseeing all activities related to the building services commissioning process.
- Evaluating tender submissions, analysing contract variations and understanding the responsibilities implied by different types of contract.
- Understanding and providing advice on the safety and environmental impact of building services design decisions.
To be considered for this role applicants will need to be industry professionals, ideally with experience working for main contractors, and with the following attributes:
- Minimum degree in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering or a related subject and a minimum of 5 years relevant postgraduate experience.
- MCIBSE (preferred).
- IEng or CEng accreditation or aspirations towards.
- A background in mechanical design.
- Experience across a range of projects. Educational / universities essential.
Personally you will need to be extremely personable with highly refined communication skills and a sophisticated management style. The position is to be based in either the Oxford or Guildford office. An industry competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate. If you meet the above requirements and are interested in the position please press apply or call Paul Massocchi on 01179 738 507 for a confidential discussion.