Permanent Building Services Associate – Mechanical or Electrical
Our client are looking to appoint an Associate Mechanical or Electrical Engineer who is looking to further develop their career in a forward-thinking Building Design practice. The role will be based at their Bristol office but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all their focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Commercial, Defence, Education, Energy, Rail and Transportation.
As an Associate Engineer you will work closely with bid teams to capture internal and external business opportunities in the above referenced sectors. You’ll have the capability to take a brief, provide a comprehensive Building Services bid response and manage a team to deliver project design services.
- Full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services output on projects
- Bidding for opportunities and generally contributing to the win-work effort
- Commercial responsibility for the delivery of the Building Services team engaged on projects
- Responsibility for key client management for specific clients
- Manage the performance of others to ensure clients receive an excellent service
- Provides management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for other members of the Building Services team
- Undertaking appraisals and personal development plans for line management members
- Can identify and nurture talent in others to build a high performing and technically sound team
- Develops/contributes towards marketing material and bid documents
- Quality management
- Implementation of and adherence to governance systems.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering and Chartered with a relevant institution
- Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge
- Experience in either Airports, Commercial or Defence sectors
- Extensive project experience, involving high levels of technical competence
- Experience working on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team
- Good commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation
- Customer focused
- Confident ability with good communication skills and a professional approach to clients and employees
- Ability to collate information and have a clear and structured approach to report writing.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.